Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What's the buzz?

This morning I received an email from the Indiegogo folks. According to them, my "gogofactor" is DOWN. Your gogofactor, they explain, isn't just based on how well your campaign is doing, but also on how much people are talking about you and your campaign. You know, on buzz.

Did you know that "buzzability" is an actual word? This is terrifying. I can barely handle "impactful." Now I have to be buzzable.

I also apparently have no Klout. Klout is the latest social media tool designed to humiliate you, this time by somehow looking at your online activity and determining, on a scale of 1-100, how influential you are. A friend suggested I see how much Klout I have (you know, since I'm doing so well at being buzzable), so I checked.

My Klout score is 10. I think they give you a 10 just for being online. According to the good people at Klout, Rice Krispies are more influential than I am. Also, Honey Boo Boo and the plague.

Listen, people. This is not okay. What is this, time to pick sides for dodge ball in 8th grade gym class? Thanks a lot, Klout.

I'm now at the halfway point for the Indiegogo campaign. There are 15 days left. To make this thing happen, that means we need to bring in about $287 a day between now and November 01. That's what, 8.2 hardcovers a day? Surely we can do that.

We have to do that. Remember, if the project isn't fully funded, it doesn't happen. Nobody gets books. So here's the plan. Tell EVERYONE. And I mean everyone. Make LILY buzzable. Start buzzing.  Because if this doesn't happen, I'm going to be sad. We're all going to be sad. Do you really want me to  have a dismal gogofactor, no Klout, and no book? No, you don't. Because that's just wrong.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like the content of this blog. and the way you have develop the relation of bed and the dog its some how a funky style.
Thomas the Tank Engine Beds