Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Indiegogo Campaign: Day 2 Report

I can't believe that only 48 hours in, we're already at 20% on the Indiegogo campaign! As one of the Galactica crew might say, this is frakking amazing.

A couple of questions have come in from people regarding what I'm doing, so I thought I would answer them here, in case anyone else has been wondering about them.

1. Is LILY, the novel, about Lillie, the dog in the video?

No. In fact, I didn't even think about that until someone mentioned it. But Lillie does deserve her own book. She has a great story.

2. Are you giving up on traditional publishing altogether?

Again, no. I have a number of books in the works that will likely end up being published through traditional channels. There are some books for which this is still currently a better option. But I also am working on a couple of things for which this new model might work wonderfully. LILY is something of a test to see just how well it works.

3. What happens if you don't raise the full $7,000?

This is an all-or-nothing campaign, meaning that if the project isn't fully funded by midnight on October 31, it doesn't happen. Nobody will be charged, but nobody will get books. I'll go back to the drawing board and on to the next thing. I won't consider this a failure, as I'm doing it partly to gauge reader reception to this idea, but I will be disappointed.

That's your update for today. I may have another exciting announcement in the next couple of days, so keep tuning in. In the meantime, thank you for all of your help in getting the word about my campaign out there. You're all awesome.

No comments: